Saturday, June 8, 2013

My First Impression of Recoleta


Friday night was my first weekend night out. I hooked up with the Italians, Mario, Sergio, and a dude from England, and we hit up a popular night club called LIV. This place was definitely a boliche (club in Argentinean). It played house music non-stop switching djs about every hour. Disco balls are huge in clubs down here; speaking of huge…this boliche had the biggest disco ball I have ever seen.  Just like any club on a Friday night, drinks were expensive. Two cervesas cost AR$55.
 
There was even a point in the night where Minnie Mouse...
crowd surfed her way through the dance floor. It was crazy! Then others attempted to ride the crowd. One lady fell straight on her head so hard you could hear it make contact with the ground; I just cringed. I believe she left after that fall. Arriving around midnight, I danced all the way until 3:30am…and then I decided my legs couldn’t handle it anymore so I headed home. It felt great landing in my bed! Night complete.

In the Cemetary
Even though I only had one cervesa last night, I was out cold until about noon. Once I woke up I decided to walk my way to Cemetario de la Recoleta (one of the most famous cemeteries in the world). As the pictures show …it was a spectacular sight.

The Recoleta Cemetery
Near the cemetery was the Recoleta feria where hundreds of local artists sell their goods. Everything is well done…tons of jewelry, leather, paintings, mate gourds, clothing, you name it! There were also street acts spread throughout. Since we are on the topic of street acts, Buenos Aires really puts that term to work! Performers will stand in the middle of crosswalks at intersections, doing their performance.

After about a 10k walk, I finally arrived home and unlaced my shoes! My rest didn’t last long because all of the walking I just got done doing, it made me pretty hungry. So I traveled a few blocks down the street and grabbed myself some pollo milanesa con fritas.

My 9:30pm Supper
I’m starting to understand the timing of when Argentinians go about doing things. People down here typically eat supper around 9:30pm…and now, so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment