Saturday, June 15, 2013

An Underground Market


I woke up with one mission on my mind, and that was to hit up the Buenos Aires Underground Market put on by the Argentina Independent. The concept of this event was help support Buenos Aires’s independent producers. I’m always up for those types of things; plus, one of my coworkers sells jewelry and it was her big debut…why not go out and support her?!


In order to make it there, I had to take the 29 colectivo (bus). My friend, Mario, was going as well, so I met him at his place since he lives in the Barrio Norte neighborhood. When I arrived, he gathered his things and off we went to the market. We arrived at the cultural center which as a former factory/warehouse that gave off a really chill industrial feel.

There we found nearly 50 vendors selling their products…most of them being food. I ran into practically the entire office…Kelly, Rachael, Nora, Katie, Jason, and Withers. After wandering around the isles about 5 times, I finally found what I wanted to try; sweet potato & corn soup. It was a very interesting and sweet blend. For desert we split a large brownie doused with a heavy cream because prices were a bit high. Overall, I was pleased with the event.

Since Mario left before I did, I was on my own for finding my way back to my place. Needless to say, I, Lance Husak, got lost for a bit. With no map, in a strange neighborhood with streets I didn’t know…I couldn’t find out where I was. But then I saw it…sunlight rays shining down on a Subte station…thank you Jesus! There I read the map and decided to walk my way home. (I guess that cultural place was within walking distance…if you were up for a long walk.)

When I got home, I headed straight up the stairs to my bed so I could take a breather. LOL. After browsing the internet for a bit, and writing this post…I’m ready to start my night. I’ve been invited to supper at an expat’s house in Belgrano which starts at like 10:30 pm. That’s on my agenda tonight with maybe a post-house party near Plaza Serrano. Busy day for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment