Tuesday, June 11, 2013

For All You Dog Lovers



Just like Iowa has cows and pigs, Buenos Aires has its dogs. Comfortably, I can say it’s very apparent that man’s best friend rules in this Argentinean concrete jungle because at least 1/3 of the people I run into on my ways to-and-from work have a leash firmly held in hand.  You can expect to see any type of dog to be at the other end of that leash, but more commonly a Boxer, Dachshund, or Golden Retriever.

Daily, I run into several dog walkers and their entourage of four-legged companions.
It’s a rather interesting sight; I mean, I've seen them in movies before but never in person. Surprisingly, these dogs are well behaved and rarely bother a pedestrian passing by.  Another thing about walking the sidewalks in Buenos Aires is that you have to watch where you step. Dogs have a tendency to simply do their business anywhere they feel like it and the owners don’t dispose of it.  So you will see smear marks up and down the sidewalk; call it a form of urban art if you want or state it to be gross…it is what it is.

In the United States, in most areas, you have to have your pet on a leash, but down here…it’s different. I’ve ran into a number of instances where dogs weren’t leashed and were roaming freely several paces ahead of their owner. Enough about dogs, what did I do today?!

I stopped and grabbed some medialunes for breakfast. You could tell they were still fresh because they was still a little warm inside. I munched on them as I finished a flooring blog for our UK client. Soon we will be starting a traditional media campaign for a new client in San Francisco, CA, and are expected to have everything underway and ready to start the campaign come Monday. I think I will like working on their campaign because their product involves sweets. LOL.

It was a rather simple day down here in Buenos Aires, but those are good to have every now and then. Tomorrow I’m heading to Liquid Bar for another International Meet-up, so I’m looking forward to that. I was also notified my SmartyPig graphic on my donation page wasn’t working properly. I believe I have that issue resolved, BUT I also provided the direct link just in case



No comments:

Post a Comment