Thursday, June 6, 2013

I'm definately from Estados Unidos



By now you are all probably wondering what the weather has been like since I’ve been down here in the southern hemisphere. This week the weather has been similar to an Iowan spring, minus the precipitation. High temperatures have hovered around the mid-60s and there was one day it hit 70 or got close to it. I’m told that will change as Argentina moves further into winter.  Lows have been around the low 50s and upper 40s. Overall, it has been pleasant and warm enough for me to walk the distance to work and other destinations in just a t-shirt; however, I am the one from Estados Unidos (United States) because everyone else is wearing winter coats already.
 


Work went well today, maybe it’s because every day there is freshly brewed Columbian coffee in the morning! Oh and btw…only one more day of batch blogging to go! For a while it was just me, Jason, and Rachael, but we had some great conversations. Rachael is on the edge of renting a spectacular apartment which is a steal but since nothing is cheap in Palermo, the current price is still around AR$5,100/mo. I enjoy watching and adding my 2 cents in her decision process. Then Anish came and joined the conversation for a bit. He is in the process of starting his own business which will be an E-learning website for the GMAT and is on the hunt for his first intern.  A little after 3 pm Nora arrived with Dante (her new puppy…the Uplifted stress reliever) and the gang was all hard at work… multitasking by talking and blogging…well mostly talking. LOL.
Cantelones

We ordered lunch through Buenos Aires Delivery again, but it arrived 45 minutes late. No kidding, I almost had to resort to cannibalism because I was so hungry, but the cantelones (a dish similar to empanadas) I had were absolutely to die for! Argentina really does have some of the best beef in the word, but I have yet to have a steak or hamburger; those will be the real test.

Kuna
Speaking of dogs, my host’s dog (Kuna) is such a scrounger for belly rubs. Every morning she sits outside my room door waiting eagerly for me to open it.

Did you know? There are countless large, closet-sized candy shops, called Kioscos, in capital city Buenos Aires. On my way to work I pass by at least 6 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment