Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tristan's Despedida

Day 5 of the nice weather streak! Keep it up BA and I might have to move here. LOL!

The day was perfect to spend souvenir shopping at the ferias. Traveling first to the Plaza Serrano feria and then to the Plaza Amenia feria only to be not impressed by their offerings, so I hitched a ride on the linea 93 colectivo to the massive Recoletta feria.

However, before stepping through those bus doors, I had to check out the Botanical Garden.  Containing a large number of plant, shrub, and tree species, I enjoyed my brief visit. The shade provided by the towering trees offered a break from the ‘warm’, not yet sweltering, sun.

Reaching the feria, I was on a mission because I hardly had any souvenirs purchased. Making several treks around the paths packed full with artisans, I started creating gift ideas. Halfway through the purchasing portion, I had to make a stop to a jugo (juice) stand to grab a freshly squeezed orange juice.  Shopping doesn’t thrill me at all, and I find it stressful; however, I was able to successfully haggle some of the prices down.

Spending nearly the entire afternoon at ferias….SHOPPING…I was ready to call it quits. It was perfect timing because I had to attend a “farewell” asado for Tristan because he leaves for Germany on Thursday.

Grabbing two bottles of champagne for a strawberry punch and several Stellas…it was off to Tristan’s I went.

When the family arrived, the Liquid Bar family that is, it was time to eat. The food was amazing and consisted of chicken, beef, chorizos, salad, punch, alfajores, and even ice cream! After desert we spent several hours of talking and received a quick tour of Tristan’s remarkable estate.

It’s a bit depressing knowing this great group of friends will start to diminish with Tristan’s departure being the first. Shortly after him it will be me, then Annamarie and Caroline, and lastly Jonas and Sarah.

Last night during supper, Sarah, Jonas, Samantha, and I brought up the topic of trying to get everyone together again for a reunion vacation; hopefully, we can make that happen and I personally like the sound of an all-inclusive Bahamas getaway. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment