Sunday, September 8, 2013

What are clay courts?

Because of the trip to Johnny B. Goods…it was another late night. I think when I finally opened my eyes for the first time…it was past noon! (The frequency of that happening is starting to increase….Hello Argentina time. LOL!)

On the bright-side, when you wake up after 12:00 it’s still time to eat…just a different meal of the day! Since Gabi, Nico’s mom, was still visiting family in Cordoba, Nico’s dad, Richardo, made a quick trip to the store and grabbed some raviolis. OH MAN! DELICIOUS! Thanks once again, Wagner family!

The much of the afternoon was spent watching some more of the US Open; this time it was the women’s finals match. I had a great time watching the match with Nico and his dad…you can tell they have passion for the sport.

There is no better way than practicing some of the tennis moves you learned while watching the US Open. After Friday’s warm up session on the practice courts at the Wagner’s tennis club, it was time to get real! Today marked the first time I have ever played tennis on clay courts; add that to my book of firsts. I must say, I had a blast playing against Nico, but he would totally demolish me in a tournament. He has to be a 15 on a 10 scale. LOL!

My evening was spent at Nico’s aunt’s house where his family was having a Sunday meal. I met a lot of his family…cousins, grandparents, uncles, aunts and event dogs…u name them, I’ve probably met them. The family was EXTREMLY welcoming, I started to wonder…was I home? Some of the younger cousins were practicing their English on me, and it was humorous and fun at the same time. Saying the goodbyes, I was told by numerous relatives…best of luck with my future and visit again.

Once back at the Wagner household I started a load of laundry. While the washer was busy doing its thing, we ended up watching a movie. The movie must have not been that interesting because I don’t remember much of it. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment