Tuesday, September 3, 2013

SUSHI NIGHT...Japanese style!

Apparently Rachael thinks I have changed a lot since she has been gone; not necessarily regarding my appearance but my eating habits.

Before she left I was eating rather light lunches consisting mainly of fruits, crackers, and/or cookies. Since Monday, she has watched me eat chicken and vegetables, pilaf, and candy. I can see where she is a bit shocked, but I can attribute one reason to this change; I have a better grasp on my remaining pesos.

With time running down to the wire, I don’t have a lot of expenses remaining besides food and other typical expenditures. A month ago, a lot of things were still up in the air. I was unsure what trips I would be taking, how many souvenirs I needed to bring back, etc. Look what my extensive business education has done to me. LOL!

Before heading over to Ben’s new place for the cooking series, I decided to hit up the gym prior. I can tell the days are undoubtedly getting longer because the sun is higher in the sky every time I’m in the gym after work. Today, I was able to witness a pure orange sunset directly between two high-rises.  

After grabbing a bottle of beer and a bottle of wine for tonight’s event, I was finally at Ben’s apartment. His place is only about 4 blocks away from my studio which made for a nice short walk home.

Renting his place unfurnished and only having it for less than one week, he didn’t have all his furniture purchased yet. As a result, we ate sushi on the floor just as they kind of do in Japan. It’s all about the experience. LOL!

After finished the 102 pieces of sushi purchased from a restaurant at a price of roughly $700 pesos and the cucumber Asian salad Mario made, the conversations never stopped. Like always, we continued to drink and talk for the remainder of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment