Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's not the "G" word...

I can’t believe the time has come…my last day working for uplifted. When I arrived, Rachael was already in the office working way with the window open. We had a nice conversation while we plugged away at the keyboard; mostly about how my time in Buenos Aires was.

Then the rest of the team, Nora and Katie, and our new intern Shelly, arrived. We mostly talked the rest of the morning away until Withers (the owner of Uplifted) was available to take us out for lunch at Fabrica de Tacos.

 Lunch was fantastic! I had this unique bean soup, guacamole dip, and two tacos…everything was delicious! We even sneaked in a photo of the outing. Thanks Uplifted for buying. LOL!

When we got back to the office, the team gave me a gift. A bag full of things I learned to love during my stay in Argentina; mate, fernet, candies, BonBons, toddies…everything was in there. I then gave them my gift…1 kilo of ice cream! We munched on that for the rest of the day, right up to the point when I had to hand over my keys to the office. See you laters were said…again. I did my last walk from Avenue Cordoba down Goddy Cruz to Avenue Santa Fe. Sad day.

Picking up some last souvenirs from Jumbo (3 bottles of wine and 2 bottles of fernet), I will miss that place. I packed up a lot of my items because it was Wednesday and you know what that means…Liquid Bar night!

Meeting everyone at a restaurant in Palermo Hollywood, it was time for my last Argentina asado. The food came in good proportions at a good price...what a way to go out! Once our good sized group of about 10 friends was finished we walked the streets until we caught bus 115 that takes us directly to Liquid…in fact just across the street.

We danced the night away…at least until the beer special was done. Then it was time to say my see you laters to the people who made my stay so special. My new lifelong friends from all over the world...well at least 3 continents. Lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment