Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Uplifted Game Night!

The sight of the Retiro neighborhood and Retiro bus station was my welcome back to Buenos Aires. I finally arrived back in the city around 7:30 am this morning and took bus 151 to my place. By 8:15 am I was back in my studio collapsed on my bed.

Before I left Rio Cuarto, I was told by Nico and his mother to text them when I arrived back to my apartment. I did just that, but the internet wasn’t working in my apartment, and I was so tired I fell asleep as soon as I hit my bed.
When I woke up several hours later, I made my trek to the office for another day of work. When I arrived, I was told by my coworker, Rachael, Nico found her on Facebook and messaged her to find out if she heard about if I made it back to Buenos Aires. I explained the situation and immediately let him know. Thanks, Bud for ensuring I made it back safely! It gives someone a whole new sense of security knowing you are being watched after by amazing people!

Here is a first! The weather was abnormally hot in Buenos Aires today…so hot; I was able to wear shorts! Finally, Buenos Aires met my weather expectations. LOL! I didn’t get much done at the office today because we upgraded the marketing office to a new location in the building. One with bigger windows and even a balcony! The downfall…open windows and a busy avenue below are the perfect ingredients for a work environment full of distractions.

After nearly a few months of planning, it was Uplifted game night at the Palace (a.k.a. Rachael’s massive apartment). We made pizzas, had homemade hummus, and played an invigorating game of Monopoly. Bring Rachael to her knees, making dirty deals with Katie, and edging off Nora…I was on the verge of winning. I guess my business degree finally paid off! LOL! Too bad we didn’t start game night earlier in my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment