Monday, September 9, 2013

It's only a "See you later"

Well, the end of my Rio Cuarto trip has arrived. After three days of pure awesomeness, it was time to say see you later. (But only after another full day in the city.)

Waking up around 11 am…it was time for me to do something for the Wagners after all of the generosity they showed me this past weekend. However, everyone was either at work or school so it was just Nico, Marta, and I. Famous for my American breakfast, it was time to put my skills to work! We walked to the nearest vegetable store and purchased the ingredients I needed. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, and breakfast potatoes…let me finish your thought…"Wow Lance, what a great breakfast!”

 Marta then told Nico to tell me (language barrier issue LOL) that she thought there was a strike with the bus company and I should check with the bus station. Since Nico needed to leave for a quick class, when Nico’s dad came home I asked if he could call the bus station. He did and said I would be fine. However, after he left, in came Nico’s mom and aunt. His mom looked on the internet and told me the bus strike was going to affect me. At this point, I didn’t know what to believe.

While Nico was in class, I packed my bags and took a shower because the plan for the bus station was to arrive at my designated time and if the buses were running, good, but if they weren't…we would think up plan B.

Once Nico returned from class his mom drove us to the downtown area. It only took us a few trips around the block and a short walk until we found a restaurant to eat at.  We both decided on the night’s special which was pork loin covered in a mustard sauce. My mouth still waters thinking about it.

Since it was a nice night outside, we decided to pick up some more ice cream and walk the short distance back to his place. It was kind of cool to walk the streets because you gain new experiences, ones that you wouldn't have got if you rode in the car.

By the time we arrived back at his place, it was close for me to leave. I packed a few of my final items (laptop), and it was off to the bus station we went.

It was hard saying goodbye after the experience I had in Rio Cuarto…authentic living. We said our see you laters, and while I invited them to Iowa, they told me I was always welcomed back to Rio Cuarto. I can’t wait to see everyone in Rio Cuarto again!

On the bus they actually played a scary movie! This surprised me as you would never see a movie like that on a bus in the US. Another thing you would never see on a bus in the US is a full tray of food containing two migas, a granola bar, two candies, and a peach juice box unless you paid for it.

Despite an emotional departure, I actually slept better than the ride there. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment