Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Networking Time!

I’m starting to find a correlation between the three jobs I have had during the past decade. My motivation necessarily isn't due to the work, but the people I work with.

From my former team at Pamida store #886, to my previous team at Barzen & Associates, to my present team at Uplifted, I feel at all of them I’ve formed long lasting relationships with my coworkers. (At least I think I have with the Uplifted team. LOL!)
Co-workers help breakup the mundane daily work routine by adding an element of surprise into the mix. It’s always a mystery regarding what the topic of conversation will be at work, and believe me they can get deep, or how common ground will be reached in a room of  people who have polar opposite temperature tolerances. (That’s an interesting one.)

This came to mind at a networking event Uplifted was sponsoring at a local bar. It was my first networking event sine I left Des Moines, and I feel I’ve made some good connections. Also, whenever you are at a networking event for startups, they are never short of words when it comes to sharing information about their ‘baby.’

I remember talking for a good 45 minutes with Vinay, the Australian creator of Process Street. He explained every little detail he could think of about his product. Process Street is a business process mapping tool meant to make processes easier and clearer. Still in Alpha form, it will be a few more months before it enters the Beta stage.

Leaving around 10pm, I made my way to Liquid to meet up with the family. After a few beers it was time for some champagne to toast Tristan as he goes on a temporary leave from Buenos Aires. When I left, he was dancing with the “crazy stalker girl” who has already been ditched by Andrew and Jamie. LOL! 

(Tristan...even though you were feeling pretty good and the flash was a bit bright...I still had to include this picture. See you in Berlin?! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment