Thursday, September 5, 2013

Another Trip to the Retiro Bus Station

Is it possible? Today was my last Thursday at Uplifted!

My morning was pretty simple. Nora and I rehashed last night’s networking event. Sounds like they acquired a few potential business leads which is always a good outcome for a networking event!

Finishing a video production blog explaining how to properly script out a message, I was then placed on another task by Nora. She gave me the job of writing a quick portfolio for the advertising headquarters company called Integrate. This company simplifies the media buying process; actually a rather nice concept for all of you media buyers out there.

Traveling away for an extended weekend in Rio Cuarto, I had quite a busy night ahead of me. I started the night with a quick trip to the gym just enough to stretch out before the long bus ride. I then continued my workout with a hour of cleaning my studio because as I mentioned I’m going to be scrounging for any little bit of time I can find when I get back to Buenos Aires. Lastly, I packed my backpack full until I couldn’t fit anything else in it; I was ready to go!

Taking that 130 colectivo to the Retiro drop-off, I made my way to the bus station. This time I was a bit more organized because I barely made it to my bus when I was traveling to San Antonio de Areco. I actually had to wait 45 minutes in the yellow D Sector waiting area.

Making myself comfortable for the eight hour bus ride in cama ejecutivo class, I was surprised as to what I was about to receive. Not only did the seats recline way back, I was given this rather large meal.

Being happy with the first course consisting of a coke, ham/cheese sandwich, two migas, crackers, and a tub of dulce de leche flan, I was more than content. Then came a surprise second course; a hardy spinach pasta dish and a glass of Malbec wine. I know see the perks of bus travel in Argentina! LOL!


I guess the tradeoff was a not so smooth ride. There was a long stretch of highway clearly needing to be replaced because the first half of my trip was extremely rough. With maybe two hours of sleep, I arrived in Rio Cuarto around 6am.

No comments:

Post a Comment