Monday, March 3, 2014

Bienvenido a Milano, Italia!



Here is your first insider look into the remarkable city of Milan, Italy; aka Milano, Italia in Italiano. I have a feeling after this blog post I will have a lot of disgusted friends and family, but here goes nothing! LOL! 

Looking SW on Via Luigi Settembrini
Arriving at the Malpensa airport yesterday (Sunday, March 2, 2014 around 8:00am), I actually got my first glimpse of the city around 10 am. Why the two hour difference you ask? Well, Milan has two major airports...one serving mainly domestic and European Union flights called Linate (LIN) and one serving most of the international flights called Malpensa (MXP). The main difference is the location of the airports; LIN is about 4 miles east of Milan's center where MXP is about 30 miles NNW. However; don't let distance scare you away from MXP because there happens to be an express train called MalpensaExpress connecting the international traveler directly from the airport to various train stations. With day one in the books, I have already utilized Milan's extensive public transportation system including: trams, buses, subways, and trains.

Question for the readers: For my internship, I want to do a little survey. What do you currently know about Milan, and what would you like to know? Please comment to this post or email your responses to lance.husak@gmail.com. Your participation will be greatly appreciated, and don't be afraid to reply with, "I know nothing." Remember...Milano Loves You!


No comments:

Post a Comment