Friday, May 24, 2013

"I'll Be Back!"

By this time next Friday I will be running down the Dulles International Airport terminals in Washington D.C. trying to catch a 9.5 hour flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil. With one week to go, I'm frantically trying to get everything taken care of before I leave. Most of my personal items have returned home to my mom's place, insurances have been adjusted, and my car is almost ready to recieve a much needed rest for the time I'm gone. On the bright side, things are falling into place and everything is going smoothly...except the goodbyes.
Goodbyes are always tough; even it is only for 3.5 months. Earlier this week I said goodbye to the gang at 2716 Grand Ave (my coworkers). After four long years at Barzen & Associates, my era was capped by several celebrations filled with laughter and stories. (Hopefully they remember to water my grapefruit trees I've been attempting to grow from seed under my desk for the past month or so LOL) Then came the goodbye from my brother.

You never realize how important people are in your lives until your contact with them decreases. My brother was kind enough to take off his Thursday morning from work and help me pack my uncle's Chevy to the brim. What made this goodbye particularly hard was not knowing when we will be reunited again because he is contemplating about moving to Denver in August. Then I remembered he was leaving for a week-long Florida vacation starting this Memorial Day weekend; some bitterness returned. LOL JK!

Round one of the goodbyes...check! Up next...the friends and parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment